Sunday, February 26, 2012

In the mean time.

As I work feverishly on new jewelry locked away here in my new home of Sacramento, CA, I thought I would distract myself for a moment and share a few photos from one the most magical places I encountered while visiting Mexico. In the outskirts of Oaxaca City I toured a cooperative of artisan weavers and rug makers. It was here where I never wanted to leave. If allowed, I would have rolled around naked all day in that brilliantly vivid natural dyed wool, only to leave my body camouflaged in bright hues of marigold, indigo and crimson.














3 comments:

  1. What beautiful images! I completely understand wanting to be enveloped in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rug the man is holding looks so much like the one we have on the kitchen floor. ;-)) Love the art work of the Zapotec Indians!! Love seeing all your beautiful photos and reading your blog, Whittney!

    ReplyDelete