Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Valor Color.




I don't know if it is being in a new surrounding, or if I  became bored of all the colors I was working with in MPLS, but I've become a little buck-wild with all the colors and textures here in Mexico. I can't stop. I am not even sure if people in the northland will be attracted to the new necklaces I have been creating, but I sure am excited about these beaded pendants. 
I am taking a whack at selling my jewelry at a local jewelry store here in town, but I have given up on the dream of selling our jewelry out of my suitcase on the street side next to the local vendors. I've experienced firsthand the territorial vibrations that vendors can emit at craft shows, and stepping into a community of vendors who are doing this to make a living- well, lets just say "this tourista  ain't gonna go there"
New work space. Thanks to our ever so humble host in Sayulita, Maranda.


Shipping to Minneapolis.


I don't know about you, Lore, but I have been touched by the wonders of Mexican nail art in Mexico. Imagine the jewels that could be created if we took  notes from all the Mexican mamacitas who have bedazzled their hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment